Super rule changes, The power of compound interest, Divorce and superannuation, Weighing up super pensions and lump sums, Spotlight on aged care
Highlights of the April 2022 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- GET SET FOR NEW SUPER RULES: With big rule changes on the way from July 1, we provide tips on how to make the most of them.
- SUPER AND THE SNOWBALL EFFECT: Even small amounts invested regularly can grow into a tidy sum in the long run, thanks to compound interest.
- SUPER INVESTING SPECIAL: We lift the lid on other investing fundamentals including the Sharpe Ratio, diversification and lifecycle super funds.
- THE BIG SPLIT: Super is generally our biggest financial asset outside the family home, but it’s often overlooked in divorce. We explain how to divide your super.
- SUPER PENSION OR LUMP SUM? How you choose to withdraw your super can make a material difference to your retirement outcome, so planning is key.
- AGED CARE REPORT CARD: Two years and a pandemic after the scathing Royal Commission, we look at what’s being done to improve our aged care system.