Statement of independence
SuperGuide complies with s923A of the Corporations Act 2001 and is independent, impartial and unbiased because we:
- do not receive commissions for the general advice we provide on any financial product that might give rise to a commission, without rebating it in full to you; and
- are not owned either partially or wholly by any financial institution or product issuer.
The purpose of this document
This Financial Services Guide ‘FSG’, authorised by Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd (IFA-AUST), AFSL 464629, is a document that we are required to provide to you prior to providing you with financial advice.
IMPORTANT: If we provide you with any advice, it will be general or factual in nature only and will not have taken into consideration your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether the advice is suitable for you and your personal circumstances before you act on any of the information we provide. Before you make any decision about whether to acquire a certain product you should obtain and read the relevant product disclosure statement.
This document details
- Who your adviser is and details of the Australian Financial Services Licensee
- The services that we are authorised to offer
- How we are paid (as well as any other relevant parties)
- Details of any potential conflicts of interest
- How to make a complaint if you need to
- Other important issues
Who will be providing advice to you and through what licence
|Corporate Authorised Representative (“CAR”):||Superguide Pty Ltd, as trustee for the Superguide Unit Trust|
|ABN:||96 583 886 526|
|Authorised representative number:||1280231|
|Directors of the CAR:||Robert Barnes|
|Office address:||Level 23, 520 Oxford St, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022|
|Postal address:||PO Box 94, Double Bay, NSW 1360|
SuperGuide is authorised to give factual information and general advice only (not personal advice) under the following licence:
|Australian Financial Services Licensee:||Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd|
|Australian Financial Services License Number:||464629|
|ABN:||61 601 365 904|
|Registered address:||Lvl 5, Bonner House, 7 Neptune St, Phillip ACT 2606|
|Postal address:||PO Box 2088, Woden ACT 2606|
|Phone (Canberra business hours):||(02) 6162 0492|
The services SuperGuide is authorised to provide general advice on:
- Investment and wealth creation advice
- Retirement planning
- Risk assessment and management
- Life insurance broking
- Mortgage and Debt Management advice
- Financial planning following redundancy
- Estate planning and business succession planning
- Asset protection advice
- Superannuation advice
- Salary packaging and tax planning
- Portfolio monitoring and reviews
Factual information and general advice only is offered on these services, not personal advice – for more information on what constitutes personal advice please refer to https://moneysmart.gov.au/financial-advice/choosing-a-financial-adviser. Please note that while SuperGuide can provide factual information and general advice on debt management strategies, it is not licensed to engage in credit activities such as providing credit contracts or leases, securing obligations under credit contracts, or other credit provision services. If necessary we will refer you to an authorised credit broker for these types of services.
SuperGuide is authorised to give general advice and factual information on the following types of product
- Deposit products and debentures
- Unit trusts, hedge funds, bank accounts, term deposits and cash management trusts
- Listed investment companies and exchange traded funds
- Listed and unlisted property trusts and syndicates
- Fixed interest securities, preference shares, debentures and mortgage trusts
- Listed shares
- Master trusts and wrap accounts
- Retail, industry and self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs)
- Retirement savings accounts
- Managed investment schemes
- Life, trauma, total and permanent disability, income protection and business expenses insurance.
How SuperGuide is paid (as well as any other relevant parties)
SuperGuide receives subscription fees from SuperGuide membership subscribers and also receives fees from advertisers.
Details of any potential conflicts of interest
Neither SuperGuide nor IFA-AUST has any ownership or contractual links with any financial product manufacturer that could restrict or unduly influence its advice. We have no incentive to recommend the product of one institution over another.
In providing advice and service to its clients SuperGuide retains the services of other professionals from time to time. This may include accountants, auditors, solicitors, insurance advisers and other independent consultants. SuperGuide does not receive referral fees from any party for referring clients to them.
If SuperGuide pays a referral fee to a third party, it will not be contingent on you taking any action and those fees will be disclosed to you.
How to make a complaint if you need to
If you have any complaint about the service provided to you, you should take the following steps:
- Contact SuperGuide’s Complaints Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and detail your complaint to them.
- If SuperGuide’s Complaints Officer is not able to resolve your complaint satisfactorily within 5 business days, please put your complaint in writing and send it to Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd at PO Box 2088, Woden ACT 2606 or by email to email@example.com. IFA-AUST will try to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
- If you still do not get a satisfactory outcome by 30 days from the day you lodge your complaint, you have the right to forward your complaint to an external dispute resolution scheme. Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd is a member of The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
The contact details for this service are:
- Telephone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
- Website: www.afca.org.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
If you are not sure who to contact or how to go about making a complaint, call the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) on their free infoline 1300 300 630, or refer to ASIC’s MoneySmart website.
Other important issues
Code of Ethics
SuperGuide is not a qualified Financial Adviser, however SuperGuide supports the Code of Ethics published by The Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA). This code comprises the values and standards that shape and reinforce the profession of Financial Planning. The Code and the Standards within it guide our conduct and enhance our engagement with our clients as well as wider society. For more information on the Code see here. If you have an ethical concern, please contact our “Ethical Standards Officer” at email@example.com.
Privacy of client information
We may maintain a record of your personal profile, which includes details you have provided to us during the period since our initial contact.
If you wish to examine your file, you should ask us, and we will make arrangements for you to do so.
Compensation and insurance
SuperGuide is covered by the professional indemnity insurance policy of their licensee, Independent Financial Advisers Australia (IFA-AUST). The policy meets the requirements of Section 912B of the Corporations Act and covers claims in relation to our conduct during the time we are licensed by them.
Last updated: January 2023