The purpose of this document
This Financial Services Guide ‘FSG’, authorised by Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd (AFSL 464629), is a document that we are required by law to provide to you to inform you of basic matters, prior to providing you with financial advice.
This document details
- Who your adviser is and details of the Australian Financial Services Licensee
- The services that we are authorised to offer
- How we are paid (as well as any other relevant parties)
- Details of any potential conflicts of interest
- How to make a complaint if you need to
- Other important issues
Who will be providing advice to you and through what licence
|Corporate Authorised Representative (“CAR”):||Superguide Pty Ltd, as trustee for the Superguide Unit Trust|
|ABN:||96 583 886 526|
|Authorised representative number:||1280231|
|Directors of the CAR:||Robert Barnes|
|Office address:||6/10 Wolseley Road, Point Piper, NSW 2027|
|Postal address:||PO Box 94, Double Bay, NSW 1360|
Your CAR is authorised to give factual information and general advice only (not personal advice) under the following licence
|Australian Financial Services Licensee:||Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd|
|Australian Financial Services License Number:||464629|
|ABN:||61 601 365 904|
|Registered address:||Lvl 5, Bonner House, 7 Neptune St, Phillip ACT 2606|
|Postal address:||PO Box 2088, Woden ACT 2606|
|Phone (Canberra business hours):||(02) 6162 0492|
The services your CAR is authorised to offer
- Investment and wealth creation advice
- Retirement planning
- Risk assessment and management
- Life insurance broking
- Mortgage and Debt Management advice
- Financial planning following redundancy
- Estate planning and business succession planning
- Asset protection advice
- Superannuation advice
- Salary packaging and tax planning
- Portfolio monitoring and reviews
Factual information and general advice only is offered on these services, not personal advice – for more information on what constitutes personal advice please refer here. Please note that while your CAR can provide factual information and general advice on debt management strategies, it is not licensed to engage in credit activities such as providing credit contracts or leases, securing obligations under credit contracts, or other credit provision services. If necessary we will refer you to a reputable mortgage broker for these types of services.
Your CAR is not licenced to provide a tax agent service. Recommendations are made subject to the concurring advice from a registered tax practitioner who can advise on your individual tax implications, and if you instruct us we will arrange for you to get this advice. For instance, we are aware that tax laws exist like the Capital Gains Tax Act, the Franking Credits Act, the Superannuation Tax Act, to name a few. However legislation requires that only someone licenced to provide a tax agent service is permitted to:
- ascertain liabilities, obligations or entitlements of an entity that arise, or could arise, under ataxation law; or
- advise an entity about liabilities, obligations or entitlements of the entity or another entity that arise, or could arise, under a taxation law.
Your CAR is authorised to give factual information and general advice only, not personal advice, on the following types of product
- Deposit products and debentures
- Unit trusts, hedge funds, bank accounts, term deposits and cash management trusts
- Listed investment companies and exchange traded funds
- Listed and unlisted property trusts and syndicates
- Fixed interest securities, preference shares, debentures and mortgage trusts
- Listed shares
- Master trusts and wrap accounts
- Retail, industry and self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs)
- Retirement savings accounts
- Managed investment schemes
- Life, trauma, total and permanent disability, income protection and business expenses insurance.
How your CAR is paid (as well as any other relevant parties)
SuperGuide receives subscription fees from SuperGuide Premium subscribers and also receives fees from advertisers.
Details of any potential conflicts of interest
Neither SuperGuide nor IFA-AUST has any ownership or contractual links with any financial product manufacturer that could restrict or unduly influence its advice. We have no incentive to recommend the product of one institution over another.
In providing advice and service to its clients SuperGuide retains the services of other professionals from time to time. This includes accountants, auditors, solicitors, insurance advisers and other independent consultants. SuperGuide does not receive referral fees to any party for referring clients to them.
If SuperGuide pays a referral fee to a third party, it will not be contingent on the client following the advice and those fees will be disclosed to the client
How to make a complaint if you need to
If you have any complaint about the service provided to you, you should take the following steps:
- Contact SuperGuide’s Complaints Officer at email@example.com and detail your complaint to them.
- If SuperGuide’s Complaints Officer is not able to resolve your complaint satisfactorily within 5 business days, please put your complaint in writing and send it to Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd at PO Box 2088, Woden ACT 2606. We will try to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
- If you still do not get a satisfactory outcome by 30 days from the day you lodge your complaint, you have the right to forward your complaint to an external dispute resolution scheme. Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd is a member of The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
The contact details for this service are:
- Telephone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
- Website: www.afca.org.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) also has a Free Information Line on 1300 300 630 which you may use to make a complaint and obtain information about your rights.
Other important issues
Code of Ethics
Your CAR is not a qualified Financial Adviser, however your CAR supports the Code of Ethics published by The Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA). This code comprises the values and standards that shape and reinforce the profession of Financial Planning. For more information on the Code see here. If you have an ethical concern, please contact our “Ethical Standards Officer” at email@example.com.
Privacy of client information
We may maintain a record of your personal profile, which includes details you have provided to us during the period since our initial contact.
If you wish to examine your file, you should ask us, and we will make arrangements for you to do so.
Last updated: October 2020