Welcome to Australia’s independent super website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Investment performance: Super funds gain 1.5% in March 2017 April 20, 2017
- Super loophole benefits politicians and senior public servants April 19, 2017
- Investment performance: We’re the best super fund. No, we’re the best… April 18, 2017
- SuperGuide checklist: 10 more ways to boost your super April 18, 2017
- Mirror, mirror… what super fund is the best-performing fund of all? April 18, 2017
- SuperGuide checklist: 10 ways to save your super April 18, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 4: My son’s super account is bleeding fees April 18, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 3: Why aren’t my super contributions tax-free? April 18, 2017
- Super changes (July 2017): Planning ahead for the 2017/2018 year April 18, 2017
- Salary sacrificing and super: 10 facts you should know April 18, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 14: Save tax – Supply TFN to your super fund April 18, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 13: Why pick one industry super fund over another? April 18, 2017
- Super in 3 steps: You’re probably richer than you think April 18, 2017