Welcome to Australia’s superannuation and retirement planning website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Deferred annuity: When is the right time during retirement to purchase a DA? December 13, 2017
- SMSFs: Green light for off-market share transfers December 13, 2017
- Unrestricted access to super, sometimes December 13, 2017
- Same-sex couples: your super rights explained December 13, 2017
- Kingpins of super: 20 largest super funds December 13, 2017
- What are the super and retirement rules for over-65s? December 13, 2017
- I’m 67. Can I access my super and continue working? December 13, 2017
- Financial Services Royal Commission: How will it affect your super benefits? December 12, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 7: Can I split my super benefits with my spouse? December 12, 2017
- Non-concessional contributions: Re-contribution strategy still applies December 12, 2017
- Salary-sacrificed contributions count for Family Tax Benefit December 12, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 6: Can I make concessional (before-tax) contributions while I am not employed? December 12, 2017
- Contributing to your spouse’s super account (4 Q&As) December 12, 2017