Welcome to Australia’s superannuation and retirement planning website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Are you eligible for a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card? September 20, 2017
- Property and super: What’s the deal? (15 popular Q & As) September 20, 2017
- More retirees eligible for Seniors Health Card (CSHC) from September 2017 September 20, 2017
- Age Pension: September 2017 rates apply (until March 2018) September 20, 2017
- Great news! Seniors Health Card income thresholds increase, again September 20, 2017
- SMSF investment: Where can I find information about SMSF borrowing? September 20, 2017
- SMSF borrowing: Investing in property (what’s OK and NOT OK) September 20, 2017
- Accessing super to purchase first home September 20, 2017
- Know your super limits: Reducing CGT via concessional contributions September 20, 2017
- Co-contributions: Can I claim the tax-free bonus as a property investor? September 20, 2017
- SMSF borrowing: Related party LRBAs must be on arm’s length basis September 20, 2017
- SMSF borrowing: Is a limited recourse borrowing arrangement the same as a non-recourse loan? September 20, 2017
- Accessing super for a home loan deposit? September 20, 2017