Welcome to Australia’s superannuation and retirement planning website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Guest contributor: Franked dividends are not a tax concession October 17, 2017
- SMSF investment: Franked dividends and the 45-day rule October 17, 2017
- SMSF investment: Companies that pay fully franked dividends October 17, 2017
- Super for beginners, Part 26: How is tax deducted from salary sacrifice super contributions? October 17, 2017
- SMSF investment: Franked dividends to lose some shine October 17, 2017
- SMSF contributions: Your employer and fund must use SuperStream October 12, 2017
- SMSF basics: Trish’s 10 commandments of DIY super October 12, 2017
- SMSF compliance: Harsher penalties for naughty trustees October 12, 2017
- SMSF trustees now face bigger penalties (from 2017/2018 year) October 12, 2017
- SMSF trustee declaration: a quick guide October 11, 2017
- SMSF alert: Declaration must be signed by new SMSF trustees October 11, 2017
- SMSF investment: Trading shares is OK October 11, 2017
- SMSF investment: Can I invest my super money in my own company? October 11, 2017