Welcome to Australia’s independent super website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Coping with myGov: Why the government wants you to go online February 20, 2017
- Super fees: Top 10 cheapest funds in Australia February 20, 2017
- Super stars! Top 30 super funds over 5 years February 20, 2017
- Investment performance: Super funds lose 0.1% in January 2017 February 18, 2017
- Accessing super early: Living overseas and reached preservation age February 17, 2017
- If I retire before 60, when can I access my super? February 16, 2017
- Accessing super: Turning 55 or 56 (or 57) is not enough February 16, 2017
- Accessing super: Preservation age moving to 57 years February 16, 2017
- Accessing super: What is my preservation age? February 16, 2017
- Super for beginners, Part 9: If I retire and take my super, can I return to work? February 16, 2017
- If I ‘retire’, how soon can I return to work? February 16, 2017
- Can I access my super early due to financial hardship? February 14, 2017
- Accessing super early on ‘compassionate grounds’ February 14, 2017
- Accessing super early: 14 legal ways to withdraw your super benefits February 14, 2017
- SuperGuide Retirement Reckoner February 13, 2017