Welcome to Australia’s superannuation and retirement planning website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Financial advice: Only 82 independent financial advisers in Australia May 29, 2017
- July 2017 super changes: ATO Guidance Notes and Law Companion Guidelines May 25, 2017
- Super changes (July 2017): Planning ahead for the 2017/2018 year May 25, 2017
- 2017 Federal Budget summary: Superannuation and retirement measures May 25, 2017
- Superannuation checklist: What rules apply for the 2016/2017 year? May 25, 2017
- Burden for retirees: Monitoring $1.6 million transfer balance cap May 25, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 7: Can I split my super benefits with my spouse? May 24, 2017
- Age 65: Accessing your super is a right May 24, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 6: Can I make concessional (before-tax) contributions while I’m unemployed? May 24, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 5: Is super my money, or the Government’s money? May 24, 2017
- For over-65s: Ten tips when making super contributions May 24, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 12: I claimed my super due to hardship. Why do I have to pay tax? May 24, 2017
- Preservation age: I’m 58. Can I withdraw my super benefits? May 24, 2017