Welcome to Australia’s superannuation and retirement planning website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Super contributions before and after age 65 July 22, 2017
- Listed or unlisted investments? Why it matters for your super fund’s performance July 21, 2017
- Super control: How to switch your super account’s investment option July 21, 2017
- SMSF advice: Is your accountant still allowed to help your fund? July 21, 2017
- Investment returns after retirement matter: Understanding the 10/30/60 Rule July 21, 2017
- Super pensions: choosing an investment option in retirement July 21, 2017
- Financial advice guide: What to expect when you talk to an adviser July 21, 2017
- Infrastructure assets: why your super fund loves it when you fly July 21, 2017
- Tax-deductible super contributions: Timing start of pension is essential July 21, 2017
- Seeking financial advice? A 5-step guide to obtaining expert help July 21, 2017
- Tax-deductible super contributions: No longer need to meet 10% income test July 21, 2017
- Concessional contributions: What form do I use to claim a tax deduction? July 21, 2017
- Managing capital gains tax with super contributions July 21, 2017