Welcome to Australia’s independent super website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- How much super do you need to retire comfortably? January 19, 2017
- Financial advice: Only 78 independent financial advisers in Australia January 19, 2017
- What assets count for the Age Pension assets test? January 17, 2017
- Age Pension: I have moved states. Do I get the same amount of pension regardless of where I live? January 13, 2017
- Age Pension dramatically different 10 years ago January 13, 2017
- Age Pension age increases to 65.5 years from July 2017 January 12, 2017
- Repay debts with super: then claim Age Pension January 12, 2017
- Age Pension: Deduction amount still applies for income test, sometimes January 12, 2017
- Age Pension: Is my super benefit counted towards the assets test, or income test? January 10, 2017
- Age Pension: Are you eligible for the Work Bonus? January 10, 2017
- Age Pension: 330,000 Australians lose entitlements from January 2017 January 10, 2017
- Age Pension Bonus: Still available for registered Australians January 10, 2017
- Age Pension January 2017 changes: Latest comments from readers January 10, 2017
- Less Age Pension, and paid to fewer Australians since January 2017 January 10, 2017
- Age Pension: Does my superannuation lump sum count for income test? January 10, 2017