Welcome to Australia’s superannuation and retirement planning website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Do I have to be working to make super contributions? June 24, 2017
- I’m retired. Can I make super contributions? June 24, 2017
- Superannuation rates and thresholds for 2017/2018 and 2016/2017 years June 24, 2017
- Non-concessional contributions: Tread carefully when aged 63 or 64 or 65 (3 Q & As) June 23, 2017
- After-tax super contributions: Beef up using a bring forward June 23, 2017
- Super contributions: Turning 65 part-way through the year June 23, 2017
- Turning 65: Maxing out the after-tax contributions cap June 23, 2017
- Age Pension income test: Deeming rates and deeming thresholds June 22, 2017
- Making super contributions: Aged 65 years or older June 22, 2017
- Over-65s work test: How does it operate again? June 22, 2017
- Bring-forward rule: 10 super facts you should know June 22, 2017
- Super funds gain 0.5% in May 2017, and 10.4% for 11 months June 21, 2017
- Financial advice: Only 83 independent financial advisers in Australia June 20, 2017