Welcome to Australia’s independent super website
How super works
Covers the most popular questions on how superannuation works, including how to find lost super, how much money is enough, and simple step-by-step superannuation guides.
Comparing super funds
Which super fund is most suitable for you? Find out how to compare funds, where to find the latest information on fund performance, and discover the important features of super funds.
Best performing super funds
Superannuation and Tax
Find out how your super is taxed, including what happens if you retire before the age of 60, how the earnings on your super savings are taxed, how your super contributions are taxed, and much more.
SMSFs (Self-managed super funds)
This section is for Australians running self-managed super funds, covering the current issues facing SMSF trustees, setting up, running and investing in your SMSF.
Retirement planning covers how much super is enough, planning for retirement, boosting your super, starting an income stream, claiming the Age Pension, and lots more.
Boost your super
Find out how much your employer must pay into your super fund, how much you can contribute, the tax-free bonus the Government gives you and other contribution strategies.
Superannuation contributions guides
Find out how to legally access your super, including what happens before the age of 60, or you move overseas, or you want to withdraw your super to cover your mortgage or other bills.
The must-read section of SuperGuide. These popular and compelling columns generate debate about issues affecting Australians planning for retirement, or living in retirement.
- Retirement: 3 ways of taking super benefits before the age of 60 March 27, 2017
- Retiring before the age of 60: the tax deal from 1 July 2017 March 27, 2017
- Tax-free super for over-60s, except for some (from 1 July 2017) March 27, 2017
- Investment performance: Super funds gain 1.2% in February 2017 March 24, 2017
- Super for beginners, part 17: Four must-knows about super’s tax rules March 24, 2017
- SMSF pension payments: A little bit under may be OK March 23, 2017
- Retirement and tax: What are the minimum pension payment rules? March 23, 2017
- Income tax cut for 2016/2017 year, and for 2017/2018 year March 22, 2017
- Australian income tax rates for 2017/2018 and 2016/2017 years March 22, 2017
- Minimum pension payment: At what date do you determine the age for payment calculation? March 22, 2017
- Comparing super funds: 10 fees and charges you need to know about March 22, 2017
- Buy/sell spread costs: Why these charges may shrink your super March 22, 2017
- SMSF pension: What happens if I don’t withdraw the annual minimum pension payment? March 22, 2017
- Minimum pension payments for 2016/2017 year, and for 2017/2018 year March 22, 2017
- Super pensions: Is there an upper limit to how much we can withdraw? March 22, 2017