Age Pension rates, Seniors Health Card, Independent financial advice, SMSF investment
Welcome to the September 2018 edition of the SuperGuide Premium newsletter. Highlights include:
- AGE PENSION RATES: New rates apply from 20 September 2018. Find out how much you could be eligible for with our Age Pension calculator.
- COMMONWEALTH SENIORS HEALTH CARD: The income thresholds for the CSHC have also been raised. Learn more about the benefits of the card, and how to apply
- INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL ADVICE: SuperGuide has been tracking Australia’s truly independent financial advisers since 2010. Sadly there are far fewer than there should be. Find out who is on the list from your state.
- SMSF INVESTMENT: We look at the assets that are most popular with SMSF trustees, and how in specie transfers work.
- LIFECYCLE SUPER FUNDS: These present a different approach for super fund members to set and forget. They are designed to match your risk profile to your age, but how do they perform compared to standard super funds?
In your 50s you’ve turned the corner and are heading into the final career stretch before retirement. So now’s the time to start paying closer interest to your super and ensuring you are set up to reach your retirement goals.Read more
The ATO has updated its advice around what it wants to see in an investment strategy. Here’s what you need to know, along with what you need to do following a market correction.Read more
A government concession card to get cheaper health care can make a big difference to your retirement budget – and it’s not just for those on the Age Pension.Read more
While cash and shares are still the go-to investments for SMSFs, the range of assets they hold are diverse, even in retirement.Read more
High-income earners pay extra tax on their concessional super contributions, so it’s important to understand the rules.Read more
When you reach your 50s and retirement beckons, it’s time to get serious about your super. Here are the key rules that apply to this age group.Read more
Finding a truly independent financial adviser is not easy, but don’t let that put you off. We’ve done the hard work for you.Read more
MAKING SUPER CONTRIBUTIONS
Non-concessional contributions are a great way to top up your super retirement savings. Here’s our simple guide to how they work.Read more
Once you’re in retirement, making super contributions gets a lot trickier. But it’s not impossible if you understand the rules and are willing to use different types of contributions.Read more
Making super contributions not only helps with saving for your retirement; it can also be a useful tool for minimising your tax bill in the right situation.Read more
If you have ever wondered whether you can move shares or commercial property held in your own name into super, yes you can.Read more
AGE PENSION CHANGES
Age Pension rates increase on 20 September 2021. This article also explains how the Age Pension works, and includes the latest Age Pension rates for residents, non-residents, and the transitional Age Pension.Read more
Our Age Pension calculator gives you an indication of potential Age Pension entitlements. The Age Pension rates are those that apply from 20 September 2021 to 19 March 2022.Read more
There are a range of benefits attached to the Age Pension, so there’s a lot riding on when you can access it.Read more
This article details the rules and limits of the Age Pension assets test (how much your savings and other assets are worth), which is one half of the means test (along with the income test) that determines how much Age Pension you could be eligible for.Read more
A common question for those nearing or in retirement is “How much can a pensioner earn before it affects the pension?”.Read more