How the wealthy invest, SMSFs vs Member Direct, Home Care Package costs, Choosing a retirement calculator, Putting an inheritance into super
Highlights of the August 2019 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- HOW THE WEALTHY INVEST: Want to know the secrets of what the cashed up do with their money? We look at how the well-off invest and the results may surprise you…
- PUTTING AN INHERITANCE INTO SUPER: What should you do with an inheritance? Is it better to pay off your mortgage, pay down debt or put it into super? We look at the pros and cons of different strategies so you can make the most of an inheritance.
- HOW INFLATION AFFECTS YOUR RETIREMENT INCOME: Inflation can rob you of your super over time. Find out how it happens and what you can do to stop it.
- WHAT TO DO WHEN A MEMBER LEAVES A SMSF: Breaking up can be hard to do – especially when a member leaves a SMSF under less than amicable circumstances. Here’s how to avoid the pain up front.
- SUPER PERFORMANCE AND RISK: Super is a risky business. But how much risk should you take – and how can you calculate the real risk involved in your investments? We look at how to measure risk and use it to your advantage.
- SELLING A BUSINESS BEFORE RETIREMENT? Business owners face a lot of big decisions when planning their retirement. We talk to a transition expert who helps business owners who are looking to retire, set themselves up for success and outline the pitfalls to avoid.
- PLANNING SPENDING FOR THE THREE STAGES OF RETIREMENT: Research shows that there are three clear stages in most people’s retirement, and they all need a different budget. Find out more, so you can plan your retirement spending better.