Best performing super funds, super investing, investing in retirement, what makes super super?
Highlights of our JULY 2018 Investment special include:
- BEST PERFORMING SUPER FUNDS: Last year was a good year for super fund returns. The top performing balanced super fund returned 12.5% – more than 1% higher than the next best. Find out which funds performed best over 1 year and 10 years.
- SUPER INVESTING: Now you know how much the top performers returned, now is a good time to assess your own fund, particularly the investment option you’ve chosen. We also lift the lid on some of the more advanced super investing topics such as unit pricing and crediting rates, buy/sell spreads, listed and unlisted investments and how much your super fund discloses it’s investments
- INVESTING IN RETIREMENT: What is the 10/30/40 rule, and why is it important for your investments in retirement?
- INVESTMENT RECKONERS: All our investment calculators have been updated with the latest investment data. Find out the monthly and annual super returns, plus the performance of all the key asset classes.
- WHAT MAKES SUPER SUPER? There are lots of additional benefits that super provides members beyond saving for retirement. Discover some perks that you might be missing out on.
TOP-PERFORMING SUPER FUNDS FOR 2017/2018 YEAR
Super funds surmounted a wall of worries in 2023 to post a return of almost 10%, thanks to buoyant global share markets.
In this article you can discover the top 10 performing Balanced super funds over 1 year and 10 years to 31 December 2023. Balanced funds have 41-60% invested in growth assets.
The list of top 10 Growth funds in 2023 rounded up some of the usual suspects with a few newcomers, but over 10 years the top funds remain remarkably consistent.
INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE RECKONERS
In our reckoner below you can view the median monthly investment returns for 5 superannuation investment options going back to January 2016.
In these reckoners you can view the median super fund returns for 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 and 15 years across five different investment options for the last 9 calendar years and 8 financial years.
COMPARING YOUR SUPER FUND’S PERFORMANCE
Your current investment option plays a big role in determining the investment return your super receives each year. Maybe it’s time to take a closer look.
Understanding your super balance and comparing the performance of your super fund with other funds involves more than just checking fees, super contributions and insurance premiums. It’s also knowing how – and when – your super fund calculates and applies investment earnings to the balance of your super account.
More disclosure of the investment assets held by your super fund makes for interesting reading and can help you compare different investment options.
There are lots of overlooked benefits that come with your super account, so it’s worth checking out what’s on offer.
The investment return on your super pension account is just as important as the returns you earn on your super while you are working, as this simple ‘rule of thumb’ demonstrates.
SWITCHING INVESTMENT OPTIONS
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
Buy/sell spread fees are something we’re all likely to see a lot more of thanks to ASIC’s new disclosure rules for annual fund member statements. So just what are these mysterious charges and how do they work?
If you’re unhappy with how your super savings have grown, it’s worth considering whether you’re in the right investment option in your super fund. To help you work through the process of making an investment option switch, check out our simple explainer.
Selecting the right investment option for your super pension has a big impact on how much money you can spend during your retirement years.