Managed funds, Adjusting to retirement, Investment scams, SMSF compliance
Welcome to the DECEMBER 2018 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter. Highlights include:
- MANAGED FUNDS: Last month we looked at their little brother, ETFs. This month we list the 20 managed funds that are most invested in by SMSFs.
- ADJUSTING TO RETIREMENT: Michael Longhurst is a retired psychologist and leading authority in the area of adjustment to retirement. We present an extract from his latest book, which analysed the retirement experience of 200 Australians, and identifies eight specific factors that had helped those that had best adjusted to retirement.
- INVESTMENT SCAMS: Scamming has already robbed Australians of more than $1 billion in 2018. We look at the most common ones that target SMSFs and the wider investment community.
- SMSF COMPLIANCE: The ATO imposes a range of penalties for non-compliance, and ignorance is not an excuse. We look at the major responsibilities for all SMSF trustees.
- TRANSFERRING A UK PENSION TO AUSTRALIA: This is not as simple as it sounds, and rule changes have made it much harder in recent years. We examine which funds are allowed to do this and detail the process you need to follow.