Top super funds, Employer’s guide to super, SMSF technology, Timing retirement, Super vs mortgage, Surge in ‘seniorpreneurs’
Highlights of the August 2022 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- TOP OF THE CLASS: Check our list of best performing super and pension funds across all risk categories to see how your fund compares.
- EMPLOYER’S GUIDE TO SUPER (PART 1): If you have employees or you’re self-employed, these are the super rules you must follow.
- TECH ADVANCES AND YOUR SMSF: New financial technology could help make light work of managing your own fund.
- WHEN CAN I RETIRE?: It’s a common question but your age is only part of the answer.
- SUPER VS MORTGAGE: With interest rates on the rise, we help you weigh up the best place to put your savings.
- THE MID-LIFE CAREER SWITCH: Ageism, burnout and a desire for work life balance are turning older Aussies into entrepreneurs.
BEST PERFORMING SUPER AND PENSION FUNDS
Check out the best performing super and pension funds across 5 different investment categories over 1 year and 10 years, updated to 30 June 2022.
SUPER AND PENSION FUND QUARTILE RANKINGS
If your super fund is not in the top 10, see which quartile it ranks in across 5 different investment categories and 8 different timeframes, updated to 30 June 2022:
EMPLOYERS GUIDE TO SUPER (PART 1)
Next month we will conclude with part 2 of the Employers guide to super.
SuperGuide webinar: SMSF investment strategy
Thursday 25 August 2022 at 11.00am (AEST)
In this 45 minute webinar we will cover:
- What the superannuation rules actually require of SMSF trustees, and what needs to be included in your investment strategy
- The ATO’s expectations for SMSF trustees and what they consider as acceptable
- SMSF auditor expectations when reviewing your investment strategy
- Tips and traps for SMSF Trustees when developing their SMSF investment strategy