Age Pension increase, How to read your super statement, Risk and diversification, latest super news and performance
Highlights of the September 2019 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- AGE PENSION INCREASE: The Age Pension rates increase from 20th September. We detail the new rates and thresholds and our Age Pension calculator has been updated so you can estimate how much you may now be entitled for. You can even test your Age Pension knowledge with our new quiz.
- HOW TO READ YOUR SUPER STATEMENT: Millions of Australians will soon be receiving their annual super statement. We list what you should check to make sure your super is working for you.
- 5 WAYS SEQUENCING RISK IMPACTS YOUR RETIREMENT: If you’re close to retiring, you need to understand about sequencing risk and what you can do to mitigate it. In a separate article Barbara Drury gives you some ideas on what to do if the market crashes when you are in or nearing retirement.
- INVESTMENT RISK AND DIVERSIFICATION: Risk is part of life and investing. It’s necessary but with some knowledge you can use it to your advantage. In separate articles we look at nine key investment risks and how the big super funds diversify.
- SUPER STRATEGIES AFTER LOSING YOUR SPOUSE: WHAT ARE THE RULES? Nobody wants to plan for loss but putting a strategy into place now can make a difficult time easier and more financially secure.
- LATEST SUPER NEWS AND PERFORMANCE: We provide a snapshot of the key super news for September, and the median super fund performance to the end of August.