Best performing super funds, Aged care planning, Maximise your Age Pension, Best time to retire, Death benefits
Highlights of the July 2019 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- SUPER FUND PERFORMANCE: Find out how the median super funds performed over the last financial year, and who were the best performing super funds over one year and 10 years.
- THE BEST TIME TO RETIRE: Choosing when you retire can ultimately have a big impact on your retirement savings, so before you flick the switch to pension phase, we look at a few issues and strategies to consider. In a separate article we list the five questions you need to ask if you’re thinking of retiring in the next 12 months.
- AGED CARE PLANNING: Bina Brown walks us through what to consider when planning for the later stages of retirement.
- PROPORTIONING RULE AND SUPER TAX: What it is and why does it matter? The proportioning rule can impact retirement income, because it can influence the effectiveness of many superannuation retirement strategies in relation to tax. Find out what you need to know in this in-depth article.
- 12 TIPS TO HELP MAXIMISE YOUR AGE PENSION: Regan Welburn shares his top tips to get the most out of your Age Pension. In a separate article, Barbara Drury looks at the recent deeming rate changes and whether they are fair for pensioners.
- WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR SMSF WHEN YOU GO OVERSEAS? Want to live, travel or work in another country? Make sure you’re across the residency rules and what else you need to take into consideration before you pack your passport.
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR SUPER MORE SOCIALLY AWARE: If you care about responsible investing, check out our article on how to be sure your super and SMSF is backing ethical investments.
SUPER FUND PERFORMANCE
SUPER DEATH BENEFITS
In case you missed it
Read our Super Guide for the 2019-20 financial year, covering the key rules, regulations, rates and thresholds for the 2019-20 financial year.