‘’Failed” funds named, How super is taxed, SMSF succession planning, Recontribution strategy explained, Age Pension increase
Highlights of the September 2021 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- THE DIRTY (BAKER’S DOZEN): Be alert but not alarmed is the message for members of one of APRA’s 13 “failed” funds.
- SUPER AND TAXES: Super is the most tax-effective vehicle for retirement savings, but there is still tax to pay along the way.
- WHO WILL CONTROL YOUR SMSF? Succession planning is vital to ensure your super ends up in the right hands.
- INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL ADVICE: A financial adviser now needs to tell you if they are not independent. We detail why it’s important, what makes an adviser truly independent, and how to find one.
- RECONTRIBUTION CASE STUDY: How withdrawing super and putting it back in again can save tax and aid estate planning.
- AGE PENSION INCREASE: With rates about to rise, we explain how the Age Pension works and how to get your fair share.