Coronavirus and super, Age Pension rates, Preparing for retirement, Constructing a Portfolio in Retirement, Longevity
Highlights of the March 2020 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- CORONAVIRUS AND SUPER: Markets have plunged recently as the world gets to grips with the Coronavirus, and many Australians are concerned about how their super and retirement will be affected. In a series of articles we go beyond the headlines to help you think about how it may impact your super balance and planning in retirement.
- NEW AGE PENSION RATES: Age Pension rates rise from March 20th, as do the thresholds for the assets and income tests. The government has also announced reductions to the deeming rates to reflect the recent drop in interest rates.
- PREPARING FOR RETIREMENT: We asked 16 independent financial advisers to give their tips for preparing for retirement. Watch the video for some pointers on what to consider.
- CREATING A PORTFOLIO IN RETIREMENT: Barbara Drury provides some helpful tips on how to approach building a retirement portfolio. In a separate article we analyse exclusive data on how SMSF retirees invest.
- LIFE EXPECTANCY AND LONGEVITY: While life expectancy looks at the quantity, longevity is all about the quality. David Williams talks us through the limitations of the current life expectancy tools and tells us what the key factors in longevity are. In a separate article Joanna Webber shares with us some secrets to living longer.
- CORONAVIRUS QUESTIONS: The impact of the Coronavirus has created a great deal of uncertainty, caused widespread disruption around the world, heavy sharemarket falls, and is a very dynamic situation. If you are concerned about how this impacts you personally, we encourage you to get financial advice. We will also be adapting our coverage to try to answer the big questions you may have about the impact of the Coronavirus to your retirement planning. If you would like to send us a question please do so. Please note that we can only consider questions that are general in nature. We also cannot answer questions individually, but we will do our best to publish as many Q&As as possible.
CORONAVIRUS AND SUPER
IMPORTANT: All information on SuperGuide is general in nature only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether any information on SuperGuide is appropriate to you before acting on it. If SuperGuide refers to a financial product you should obtain the relevant product disclosure statement (PDS) or seek personal financial advice before making any investment decisions. Superguide Pty Ltd ATF Superguide Unit Trust as a Corporate Authorised Representative (CAR) is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Independent Financial Advisers Australia, AFSL 464629.