Latest super fund performance, Best and worst performing funds, Super tips for every age, Latest sustainable investment score card, Accessing super, What to do when the market tanks
Highlights of the October 2020 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- IS YOUR SUPER FUND FIT FOR PURPOSE? Stockspot’s annual Fat Cat Fund Report has weighed the contestants and guess what – the higher the fees the lower the returns. Check out the fit and the feeble.
- SUPER TIPS FOR THE AGES: Super is a marathon not a sprint, but like any long-distance runner, it’s important to check your vital signs at milestones along the way.
- WOMEN’S RETIREMENT SAVINGS NOT SO SUPER: The recent federal Budget was criticised for the lack of initiatives to help women close the gender work, pay and savings gap. But some super strategies can help.
- THE INEXORABLE RISE OF SUSTAINABLE INVESTMENTS: Even before Rio Tinto blew up Juukan Gorge, the writing was on the wall. Investors are voting with their feet and flocking to investments that do good, not harm.
- RETIREE SURVIVAL KIT FOR MARKET STORMS: A big market fall when you have just retired, or are close to it, can derail the best-laid plans. The best form of action is not reaction, but planning.
- THINKING OF A SEACHANGE OR TREECHANGE? Let’s face it, after the year we’ve had who isn’t. Retirement expert Jill Weeks gives some practical tips for a successful move.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
See also our coverage of the 2020 Federal Budget.