Government priorities, SMSF investing and admin, Pension Loans Scheme, Large super fund performance
Highlights of the June 2019 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- WHAT SHOULD BE THE GOVERNMENT PRIORITIES NOW? We ask some of Australia’s super and retirement planning experts, including Graeme Colley, Jeremy Cooper and Noel Whittaker, what they think the federal government should now be focusing on.
- DO LARGE SUPER FUNDS PERFORM BETTER? Janine Mace investigates whether size is important when it comes to super fund performance.
- PENSION LOANS SCHEME: There are big changes being introduced to the PLS from 1 July 2019. Learn more about the scheme and find out whether it could be suitable for you.
- FRANKED DIVIDENDS – WHAT NOW? Thanks to the Federal election, more Australians than ever are now aware of the benefits of franked dividends. If you’re curious how to make the most of them, Barbara Drury has prepared a useful guide.
- SMSF INVESTING: In a suite of articles, Barbara also looks in detail at ETFs, LICs and managed funds, as well as exploring the top ETFs, managed funds, domestic and international shares invested in by SMSFs. In a separate article Graham Hand reminds us how critical it is to factor in inflation when planning your investments, and the importance of real returns.
- SMSF ADMIN: We also have a special section on SMSF administration, with Penny Pryor looking at what trustees need to remember throughout the year. In separate articles Alexandra Cain looks at the decisions trustees need to make through the lifestage of an SMSF, and Janine Mace provides a trustee checklist for 2019-2020.