Super funds of the year, Cheapest super insurance, Manage your own SMSF, Spending in retirement, Work Bonus, My Aged Care
Highlights of the latest SuperGuide newsletter include:
- SUPER FUNDS OF THE YEAR: In the last few weeks, SuperRatings and SelectingSuper have both announced the winners of their Fund of the Year Awards. Did your super fund, pension fund or insurer take a gong?
- SUPER INNOVATION: Barbara Drury discovers some of the leading super fund innovations over the past year, while Janine Mace highlights ways that the ATO’s MyGov is adding innovative features to help you master your super.
- MANAGING YOUR OWN SMSF: What does it take to be your own accountant for your SMSF? And how should you record minutes of decisions made? We also look at ASIC’s recent report to investigate what the average annual costs for SMSFs are, and how much time they take to manage.
- INSURANCE: Which funds have the lowest fees for combined life and TPD insurance and for income protection insurance? We also cover the insurance rules for SMSFs, while Daniel Herborn provides a special report on the long processing times for group insurance claimants.
- RETIREMENT PLANNING: The Institute of Actuaries have devised a new rule of thumb for spending in retirement. And how reliable are retirement forecasts anyway?
- AGED CARE: The Royal Commission provided its interim report with recommendations on three areas of immediate action; the government may be announcing more home care packages before Christmas; and Bina Brown gives a valuable introduction to My Aged Care.