Royal Commission, Best performing super and pension funds, Estate planning, SMSF housekeeping
Highlights of the FEBRUARY 2019 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- ROYAL COMMISSION: The final report from the Financial Service Royal Commission has finally been released, and it’s likely to trigger a lot of change for the industry, and hopefully legislation that better protect Australian consumers. Janine Mace provides a summary of the main recommendations that will impact the super and financial advice sectors.
- BEST PERFORMING SUPER AND PENSION FUNDS: SuperRatings have generously provided us with the top 30 performing super (balanced) and pension (capital stable) funds over 5 years.
- ESTATE PLANNING: This can be a complex topic, and is often overlooked or neglected by superannuation investors. We provide an overview of the key elements you need to consider, and a checklist to ensure your estate planning is in the best shape possible.
- SMSF HOUSEKEEPING: Is your Trust Deed fit for purpose? Ali Cain explains why it’s important to review at yours at least annually. Penny Pryor also explains the SMSF investment rules and in a separate article details what is required in your investment strategy, and provides examples of what you might include.
- RETIREMENT PLANNING: If creating a retirement plan seems like too big a task, Barbara Drury breaks it down to a a 7 step process. Barbara also provides three case studies to illustrate some of the key aspects you may want to consider.
CEPAR REPORTS ON RETIREMENT INCOME
- Why financial literacy is vital for a good retirement
- The financial and health benefits of working into retirement
- Gender inequality in retirement income
- Age Pension: Is it alleviating poverty?
- Retirement income in Australia: An overview