Lowest-fee super and pension funds, Best performing funds, Transfer balance cap to rise, Tax and your SMSF, Downsizer case study, Retirement myth-conceptions.
Highlights of the February 2021 edition of the SuperGuide newsletter include:
- LOW-FEE FUNDS ON THE RISE. The lowest-fee super and pension funds have something in common – they follow the index.
- BEST PERFORMING SUPER AND PENSION FUNDS. Despite significant challenges, super and pension funds finished strongly last year. We reveal the champions.
- CAPS LIFTING ON TRANSFER BALANCE AND TOTAL SUPER BALANCE. Don’t know your TBC from your TSB? We help you spot the difference.
- DO SMSFs PAY LESS TAX? While all super funds are taxed the same way, SMSFs have more flexibility than big funds.
- MAKING THE MOVE TO BOOST RETIREMENT INCOME. Downsizing your home can release much needed retirement income, as this case study shows.
- RETIREMENT MYTHS ARE LEGEND. The Retirement Income Review challenged some common beliefs causing many retirees to live more frugally than necessary.
HOW SUPER WORKS
BEST PERFORMING SUPER AND PENSION FUNDS
Check out the best performing super and pension funds across 5 different investment categories over 1 year and 10 years, updated to 31 December 2020.
SUPER AND PENSION FUND QUARTILES
If your super fund is not in the top 10, see which quartile it ranks in across 5 different investment categories and 8 different timeframes, updated to 31 December 2020.