In February 2023 we announced the following changes to SuperGuide’s subscriptions that are designed to offer members greater value and flexibility.
New plans designed for different lifestages
Until now we have only offered one annual subscription that provides access to all SuperGuide content for $132 per year. While this has always provided great value, it is less so for some people – particularly those who don’t have a self-managed super fund (SMSF) or have already retired.
We will now be offering three different plans which are designed for three different lifestages.
Super booster – $55 per year
- When retirement is a long way off and you just want to grow your super
- This includes access to the How super works and Super funds sections
Retirement planner – $95 per year
- When you are starting to plan your retirement, through to the first years of retirement
- This includes access to the How super works, Super funds, Retirement planning and In retirement sections
Retiree – $65 per year
- When you have already retired and want to boost your income in retirement
- This includes access to the How super works, Super funds and In Retirement sections
If you have an SMSF or are interested in starting one you can also purchase access to our SMSF section as an optional add-on to any of the above plans for an additional $50 per year.
This means the pricing per plan including SMSFs access would be as follows:
- Super booster + SMSF = $105 per year
- Retirement planner + SMSF = $145 per year
- Retiree + SMSF = $115 per year
Learn more about each plan
You can see a comparison of what is included in each plan on our pricing page.
Old pricing is retained for full access
The original SuperGuide annual subscription is effectively the same as the new Retirement planner + SMSF plan since they both provide access to the whole SuperGuide website. If your subscription is set to renew and you would like to retain full access, you don’t need to do anything and your subscription will still cost just $132 rather than $145.
Credit for any remaining value
If you would prefer to change to another plan then the remaining value in your subscription will be credited to your new plan.
Changes to newsletters
Until now there has just been one monthly newsletter covering all SuperGuide sections. This can often be overwhelming with more than 20 articles each newsletter.
We will now be changing to smaller topic based newsletters which are delivered each week. The number of newsletters you receive each month depends on which plan you choose:
- Super booster – One newsletter per month (Super booster)
- Retirement planner – Three newsletters per month (Super booster, Retirement planner, Retiree)
- Retiree – Two newsletters per month (Super booster, Retiree)
- If you purchase the SMSF add-on then you will also receive an SMSF newsletter each month.
The schedule for the newsletters each month are as follows.
- Week 1 – SMSFs
- Week 2 – Retirement planner
- Week 3 – Super booster
- Week 4 – Retiree
You can unsubscribe from any newsletter at any time.
What to do now?
1. If you would like to keep your subscription as it is
If you would like to retain full access to all SuperGuide content, you don’t need to do anything. If your subscription is enabled to automatically renew then it will continue at $132 per year. If you have cancelled automatic renewal then when the current subscription period ends then you can choose to renew at $145 per year, or switch to another plan.
2. If you would like to change your subscription
If you prefer to change your subscription, go to your account page (you will need to be logged in), then click on Subscriptions, then Change Plan and pick a new plan.
You will then need to confirm your payment details for your new subscription. Any remaining value will be credited to your new subscription.