Top performing super and pension funds, why investment indexes matter, investing in infrastructure, benefits of the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, retiring overseas and bucket strategy investing
Highlights of the October 2019 edition of the SuperGuide Premium newsletter include:
- BEST PERFORMING SUPER AND PENSION FUNDS: Find out which were the top 30 performing balanced super funds and capital stable pension funds over 5 years.
- HOW TO TEACH YOUR KIDS ABOUT SUPER: Young adults are unlikely to have a burning interest in super, but engaging them early can make a big difference to their future.
- INVESTMENT INDEXES: 5 REASONS THEY MATTER FOR YOUR SUPER: We give you the lowdown on investment indexesand why they can be useful tools for learning more about the performance of your super account.
- HOW TO INVEST IN INFRASTRUCTURE THROUGH AN SMSF: New products and ways to invest in infrastructure have been growing – an opportunity for SMSFs given the long-term nature of infrastructure investment.
- IS A BUCKET STRATEGY THE SOLUTION FOR YOUR RETIREMENT INCOME PLAN? The bucket approach is a popular way to balance the need for income stability and capital growth in retirement. But what are the drawbacks?
- COMMONWEALTH SENIORS HEALTH CARD: WHAT DOES IT PROVIDE AND HOW DO I GET ONE? Discover whether you’re eligible and how you can benefit from this valuable concession card.
- RETIRING OVERSEAS: It certainly has its advantages, but there are rules, issues and options to consider to best protect your retirement savings.
This month we look at the new proof-of-life certificates required for pensioners overseas, the launch of Australia’s first independent superannuation consumer advocacy organisation, the announcement of a major review of Australia’s retirement income system and an awareness campaign to help you stay safe online.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
In this article you can discover the top 10 performing All Growth super funds over 1 year and 10 years to 31 December 2023. All Growth funds have 96-100% invested in growth assets.
In this article you can discover the top 10 performing Balanced pension funds over 1 year and 10 years to 31 December 2023. Balanced funds have 41-60% invested in growth assets.
Super funds continued their winning streak in January, with the median Growth fund up 1% over the month.
If your kids are old enough to have scored their first fulltime or part-time job, now’s the time to pass on everything you wish you’d known about super at their age.
There’s plenty of information on how much super you need for a comfortable retirement, but little on how much you should have now to reach your target. We provide some guidance to this important question.
You might think a good return is all that matters when it comes to your super fund, but fees are critical. Read on to find how even small differences in fees can have a large impact on your final super balance.
Everyone loves to ride in planes, trains and automobiles, but what if you could earn regular income from the infrastructure they depend on? You can, and here’s how.
Running an SMSF can sound appealing when you start out, but as the years pass there are many reasons you may want out. So, what are the alternatives?
The money lost to investment scams has skyrocketed over the past 12 months, which makes learning how to recognise scams and protect your online security more important than ever.
Continuing to grow your retirement savings even as you withdraw income can be a challenge, but a bucket strategy could tip the balance in your favour.
A government concession card to get cheaper healthcare can make a big difference to your retirement budget – and you don’t need to be on the Age Pension to qualify.
If you are looking to wind back working hours or boost your super in the lead-up to retirement, a transition-to-retirement (TTR) pension may be the answer.
There’s a lot to think about when you’re on the threshold of retirement, so it’s not surprising that mistakes are made and opportunities overlooked. Here’s what to watch out for.
Many Australians dream of retiring overseas and some actually turn the dream into reality, but there are health and financial considerations to consider before you take the plunge.