SuperGuide is an independent superannuation and retirement planning information resource founded by Trish Power, author of books such as Superannuation for Dummies and DIY Super for Dummies, and Robert Barnes. You can learn more about the founders here.
SuperGuide is the most comprehensive and up-to-date source of superannuation and retirement planning information available, containing over 650 articles explaining super and retirement rules in straightforward language.
To unlock all that SuperGuide has to offer you will need a SuperGuide Premium subscription. With SuperGuide Premium, you will have immediate access to the latest information and plain-English analysis about superannuation, retirement, SMSFs and the Age Pension, including reckoners, how-to guides, strategies and other tools.
SuperGuide Premium includes regular newsletters and updates, access to a curated and indexed library of 650-plus regularly updated articles, and of course new articles and analysis every month.
A SuperGuide Premium subscription is $132 per year, or you can subscribe month-to-month for $22 per month.
Below is a 2 minute video showing you some of the main ways to navigate around SuperGuide, and below the video is a description of the main SuperGuide categories.
The easiest way to navigate the site is to use the SuperGuide Premium index on the left-hand side of each website page. The 8 main categories (and the 80-plus sub-categories) covered by SuperGuide Premium are:
- How super works: Covers latest super and retirement changes, super for beginners, super rates and thresholds, superannuation strategies, comparing super funds, How-to Super Guides, Super Quizzes, Super Q&As
- Making super contributions: Covers contributions strategies, Contributions Guides, contributions caps, Superannuation Guarantee rules, salary sacrifice, tax-deductible super contributions, spouse contributions, Total Superannuation Balance, contributions tax, excess contributions
- Super fund performance: Covers super investment for beginners, a guide to super investing, latest performance results, best performing super funds, Investment Performance Reckoners, super fees and charges, insurance and super
- Super and tax: Covers super and tax for beginners, super tax tables, latest income tax rates and thresholds, contributions tax, investment income tax, retirement phase, superannuation benefit payments tax
- SMSFs: Covers SMSFs for beginners, SMSF costs, SMSF administration and compliance, SMSF investment, SMSF pensions, SMSF borrowing, SMSF Q&As
- Planning for retirement: Covers retirement planning for beginners, What age can I retire?, Age-based Super Guide, How long will I live?, How much super do I need?, $1.6 million transfer balance cap, types of super benefits, Will I get the Age Pension?, obtaining financial advice
- Accessing super: Covers 14 ways to withdraw super, definition of retirement, reaching preservation age, turning 65 and super, accessing super early, divorce and super, leaving or living or working outside Australia
- In retirement: Covers Retirement Calculators and Reckoners, retirement phase, taking a super lump sum, taking a super pension, working in retirement, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Age Pension rules, life expectancy, superannuation death benefits
Alternatively, you can use our search function to locate articles or tools. You can also visit the home page and check out some of our latest articles in the moving box, or the list of key articles for each main category, or click on a popular topic icon.