SuperGuide is an independent superannuation and retirement planning information resource. We launched in 2008 and are now the most comprehensive and up-to-date source of super and retirement planning information available, with hundreds of articles explaining super and retirement rules in straightforward language.
To unlock all that SuperGuide has to offer you will need a SuperGuide membership, which gives you immediate access to the latest information and plain-English analysis about superannuation, retirement, SMSFs and the Age Pension, including webinars, step-by-step guides, calculators, how-to guides, strategies and other tools.
SuperGuide includes regular newsletters and updates, access to a curated and indexed library of hundreds of regularly updated guides, and of course new articles and analysis every month.
Below is a 2 minute video showing you some of the main ways to navigate around SuperGuide, and below the video is a description of the main SuperGuide categories.
The easiest way to navigate the site is to use the menu at the top of each page, or the menu on the left-hand side of each website page.
The 5 main categories covered by SuperGuide Premium are:
- How super works: Includes super for beginners, super rules, super contributions, super and tax, accessing super and super news
- Super funds: Includes best performing super and pension funds, super and pension fund rankings, super fund average returns, comparing super funds, choosing a super fund and an investment option, insurance, fees, investing strategies and super fun
- SMSFs: Includes SMSFs for beginners, administration, checklists, compliance, investing and pensions
- Planning for retirement: Includes retirement planning for beginners, when should you retire, how long will you live, how much super do you need, how much will you spend in retirement, financial advice, retiring overseas, preparing for retirement, retirement planning strategies and retirement calculators
- In retirement: Includes taking a super lump sum or starting a pension, the Age Pension, working in retirement, senior concessions, life in retirement, estate planning, aged care and super death benefits
Alternatively, you can use our search function to locate articles or tools. You can also visit the home page and check out some of our latest articles in the moving box, or the list of key articles for each main category, or click on a popular topic icon.