Top 10 super funds, double-digit returns, Retirementgate revisited, new super rules, contributions tips, health check for beginners
Highlights of our JULY 2017 edition include:
- RETIREMENTGATE REVISITED: AUSTRALIAN COUPLES AND SINGLES PUNISHED FOR SAVING. Last month we published 3 articles covering ‘Retirementgate’: serious flaws in the government’s latest Age Pension changes which encourage Australians to save less and rely more on the Age Pension. In response to huge demand from readers and with the help of Save Our Super, we can now provide comparable retirement savings ‘sweet spots’ for single people (and for couples), and for retirees who do not own their homes.
- TOP 10 PERFORMING SUPER FUNDS FOR 2016/2017 YEAR, AND FOR PAST 10 YEARS. The top 10 performing super funds of the year are… see the link below to find out. In 6 related articles, we report on the 2016/2017 super fund returns, the top-performing asset classes for the year, 25-year returns, how to assess your super fund’s performance in 4 steps, how to understand your risk profile, and the importance of investment returns in retirement.
- LATEST SUPERANNUATION CHANGES: 2017/2018 GUIDE. The new super world is upon us. Nearly everything you need to know in one article. In a related article, check out the short story on the 2017/2018 contributions limits.
- CONCESSIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS CAP: 10 SUPER FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW. Essential reading for anyone considering salary sacrificing or making tax-deductible super contributions. In related articles, discover who can now make tax-deductible super contributions, and how, from July 2018, you can make substantial concessional contributions in one year.
- HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT FINANCIAL ADVISER. In a special 5-part series, take advantage of our guide to obtaining expert help, what to expect when meeting an adviser, and learn how to make a complaint about your super fund or adviser.
- SMSF ADVICE: IS YOUR ACCOUNTANT STILL ALLOWED TO HELP YOUR FUND? Find out what your accountant can, and cannot do.
- INVESTMENT SCAMS TARGET MALES AGED 50-PLUS. Sceptical? The article makes interesting reading.
- SUPER HEALTH CHECK FOR BEGINNERS: 10 TIPS FOR YOUR 2017/2018 RETIREMENT PLANNING. Near the start of each financial year, SuperGuide publishes an updated super checklist for beginner readers.
- SUPERANNUATION AFTER-LIFE: BEWARE THE DASTARDLY DEATH TAX, AND THE CAP. Planning what happens to your super after you leave this world has just got a lot more complicated.
Note: You can find these articles, and more, by clicking on the links below.
As we move into the new financial year, we want to take the opportunity to thank our readers, in particular our SuperGuide subscribers, for your continuing support of SuperGuide. We now receive 4 million visits a year, and 29,000-plus Australians subscribe to our monthly newsletter. As the demand for our service continues to grow, we are continually reviewing SuperGuide to ensure we meet the information needs of our readers.
Thanks again for your support and interest in SuperGuide.